You have several options to pay your bill:
• GO PAPERLESS – CREATE YOUR mySTAFFORD ACCOUNT. Register your Utilities account to enroll in electronic notifications and view billing and payment history. Visit http://staffordcountyva.gov/mystafford.
• Water and sewer bills may be paid by telephoning 1-888-2PAYTAX (1-888-272-9829) Jurisdiction Code 1002. Please note: Payments made will be posted to county records the following business day.
• You may make your payment by bank draft at no cost to you. To obtain a Bank Draft Authorization Form, contact the Utilities Department at 658-8625 or 658-8616 or go to staffordcountyva.gov/departments/Utilities/forms to download the form.
• You may make your payment by mail. (See bill for address).
• You may make your payment at the Treasurer’s Office on the second floor of the Stafford Administration Center. A computer terminal is also available in the Treasurer’s office to make payments. If county offices are closed, you may place your payment in the drop-box located on the wall at the main entrance of the building.
• You may make payments online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at: staffordcountyva.gov/treasurer.
Payments must be received in the Treasurer’s Office by 12:00 noon on the due date to be considered paid on time. Please allow for a few days for the delivery if paying by mail.
Bills for water and sewer service are mailed each month and are due and payable when you receive them. They become past due 25 days from the billing date shown on the bill. A late payment, or no payment at all, will result in the following:
• A penalty of ten percent (10%) will be applied to your bill.
• Service will be discontinued if bills are not paid within the 15 days after the bill becomes past due.
• If service is discontinued because the bill was not paid within the time limit, the amount the account is in arrears must be paid plus an additional fee of $30.00 to have service reinstated. An additional $25 fee is charged if water is required to be turned back on after 4:30p.m.